Employee FAQs - Changing Address or Beneficiary

Important note: Information contained in these frequently-asked questions and answers is general in nature. In case of any conflict, the actual contract language between the employing municipality and PMRS along with PMRS law will prevail. Also, existing regulations, policies and procedures will apply in all cases.

How do I change my name or address?

Ask your employer to complete a Notification of Change form and send it to PMRS. The same form also is used to correct/change names, birth dates, Social Security Numbers, and other information. When PMRS has processed the form, we will send a Certification of Change form to your employer. You also can send PMRS a U.S. Postal Service change of address card (U.S. Postal Service form 3576) if your address has changed.

*** While PMRS does accept e-mail requests for information, we can not treat them as official requests to alter any member information that we have on file.  We also caution, and truly prefer, that our members not include personal data in e-mails sent to the PMRS staff or the web address at this time. ***

How do I change my beneficiary?

You must complete a new Nomination of Beneficiaries form and mail it to PMRS. The new form will be kept in your confidential PMRS employee file and a copy will be returned to you and your employer. Your annual member statement reflects your principal beneficiaries.